First 2014 Giveaway: Top 10 Books of 2013
Happy New Year!
Workbooks, cookbooks, memoirs, research books, clinical books and even a “kid’s” book grabbed my heart in 2013. Not all of them were released last year but the following 10 books brought me joy, inspiration, encouragement, conviction and evidenced-based information which helped me in all aspects of my life:
- A Life Less Ordinary, Alex Legendre and Zoe Ellison
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, Brené Brown
- Freeway: A Not-So-Perfect Guide to Freedom, Mike Foster
- Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy, Francine Shapiro
- Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie’s Kitchen, Jennie Perillo
- Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection, John T. Cacioppo
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, Stuart Brown
- Storyline: Finding Your Subplot in God’s Story, Donald Miller
- The In-Between: Embracing the Tension Between Now and the Next Big Thing, Jeff Goins
- V is for Vulnerable, Seth Godin
In celebration of 2014 – and good books – I am hosting our first giveaway of the year!
You have five opportunities to enter for a chance to win all of the above books. You receive one entry each for doing the following:
- “Like” the Potentia Facebook page
- Follow me on Twitter and use the hastag #redefinehealth in your tweet
- Leave a comment on this post stating your favorite book of 2013
- Post your favorite book on the Potentia Facebook page
- Sign up for Potentia’s email list
Entries can be submitted until midnight on Sunday, January 5. We will announce a winner the week of January 6. Note: Winner needs to provide a non-P.O. Box mailing address
I am grateful for authors like the ones honored in this post who put their art out into the world so we can be inspired and equipped to do the same.
What were your favorite reads of 2013? What are your excited to read in 2014?
Cheering you on –
PS – Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win all 10 books by January 5, midnight.
UPDATE!! Jennie Perillo, author of Homemade with Love: Simple Scratch Cooking from In Jennie’s Kitchen, just offered to personally sign her book to the winner. So generous and kind – Thank you Jennie!