It takes courage to show up for yourself and in your relationships. To allow yourself to be seen and known is as risky as it is rewarding and letting someone into your personal life is an ongoing act of bravery.
Whether you experienced something that left you stuck, feel like life has turned itself inside-out recently, or you’re contemplating a big change – our story is important and how you write your next chapter matters.
Life can take you in a direction you never intended to go. The results can leave you feeling alone, unseen, unheard and like your story doesn’t matter.
You do not have to keep going it alone when life seems overwhelming and impossible to move forward or you have a hard time believing that you are enough. Deep, meaningful relationships with yourself, your partner, children, friends, and families are not only possible, but essential to living a connected life.
I’ll partner with you as we work towards wellness in both your life and relationships and begin to build trust in yourself and life-giving relationships with others.
- Mothers and parents navigate their journey into parenthood
- Women and partners who have experienced birth or pregnancy trauma
- Parents experiencing anxiety or depression during pregnancy or after birth
- Couples build deeper connection with one another
- People who have experienced traumas and difficult life experiences
- People heal overwhelming anxiety and fear
- Anyone struggling with shame, loneliness, disconnection
- Individuals, couples, or families navigating life changes
- Individuals or families caring for a loved one
- Individuals or families struggling with compulsive behaviors or addictions
- Perinatal Mental Health (Certification in Progress) – Supporting women, parents, couples and families struggling with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders including perinatal depression, anxiety, OCD, birth trauma, and adjustment to parenthood.
- EMDR Trained Therapist – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a therapeutic approach that facilitates healing from the impact of traumatic experiences and associated false beliefs.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (Externship) – EFT is couples therapeutic approach with an emphasis on emotions and their interpersonal impact designed to establish and recreate supportive bonds between individuals.
- Dual Diagnosis – Supporting individuals dealing with substance abuse and mental health challenges
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy – National University
- B.S. Psychology and Business Administration – Indiana Wesleyan University
Memberships and Affiliations:
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Postpartum Health Alliance
When I am not seeing clients at Potentia, you can find me at the beach, exploring the outdoors, or wandering a farmers market with a coffee in hand. I am married to the love of my life and we are always striving to keep our marriage a safe place to grow and be adventurous. I have two young children and a rambunctious labradoodle that I love being “Mama” to. I am a Midwest girl at heart but am so grateful to have built our home and community in San Diego.
Call Holly at 619.819.0283 ext 4