Asking for help is really hard. I get that – having experienced this inner conflict myself, it’s clear that it takes a lot of courage to admit your need for help and to allow yourself to be truly known.
I am devoted to helping those who have a deep desire for relief from anger, sadness, and shame. This relief comes from being in relationship with someone who accepts you no matter what.
Since our day-to-day realities have taught us to avoid the vulnerability that is required to begin this process of connection and healing, sharing painful aspects of your story does not come easy. However, this is the step to take toward achieving your goals of feeling connected to your purpose, your relationships, and yourself, and the step away from the coping behaviors that keep you stuck and unsafe.
I work with individuals and couples who are:
* engaged in repetitive and unresolved conflict
* struggling with feeling angry for unknown reasons or feeling detached and stuck in their head
* burdened or stressed out by life’s demands and unable to relax and find joy in everyday life
* frustrated with feeling unable to stop compulsive behaviors related to food, substances, self-harm, and sexuality
* feeling unfulfilled in their relationships
* overwhelmed from the effects of trauma/difficult life experiences
* seeking healing from spiritual abuse or betrayal
* needing support around adoptions or fostering
I’ll collaborate with you as we work towards healing by helping you learn to trust yourself, gain a greater sense of control over your life, and feel aligned in your actions and values.
I am committed to doing my own work so that I can best support you in running your own life, as you are the one who is most qualified for this job. And if it turns out we’re not quite the right fit, I’m more than willing to assist you in finding a therapist who better matches your needs.
- Internal Family Systems Therapist (Certification in Progress) — An evidence-based practice for the healing relational wounds that lead to stuck thoughts and behaviors.
- EMDR Trained Therapist (Part 1 & 2) — Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a therapeutic approach that facilitates healing from the impact of traumatic experiences and associated false beliefs.
- Dual Diagnosis — Individuals suffering from both substance abuse and mental health struggles.
- Bowen Family Systems Theory — A therapeutic approach focused on how generational patterns influence current relationships.
- Autism Spectrum & related issues — Specialized training in supporting those on the Autism Spectrum and their loved ones.
- Foster Care – Supporting families with Foster Children.
BA, Psychology — San Diego State University
MA, Marriage and Family Therapy — Bethel Seminary
Memberships and Affiliations
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
My wife and I strive to live simple and integrated lives. We share a passion for serving our community, which has led us toward opening our home to children in the foster care system. I love to learn, and as a result I have many hobbies! I’m currently learning to be content knowing I will never perfect any of them.
Call Graden at 619.819.0283 ext 8