Andee Woolf, LMFT, MFC #45767
No one is an expert more on your life than you. Though, sometimes inviting in trusted support helps you get perspective on your fears, disappointments, and feeling stuck or confused about next steps in life. No matter the season of life you are in, asking for help is both courageous and what moves you forward.
Your resiliency and the combined power of your strengths, aspirations, and hopes as you seek to heal, question, get clarity, and overcome are what move you forward through life’s challenges. You and your loved ones are not a diagnosis or some label that pathologizes and shames – being human is not a flaw but a strength to be honored.
When difficult life experiences continue to get in the way of your living with confidence and clarity, compassionate and specialized support can help you find space to be yourself again.
As a parent, you want to find skilled support for your child navigating the complexities of parenting with respect, expertise, and collaboration. Your kids are growing up in a world that is so different that the one we grew up in. Instead of fearing the vulnerabilities, I work with you and your child to help you all navigate the unique season of the teen and tween years while still feeling connected, healthy, and safe.
I work with:
- Families desiring more connection and navigating conflict is a positive manner
- Individuals struggling with depression and anxiety
- Mood struggles (depression, anxiety, PTSD, obsessive-compulsive struggles)
- Those navigating adoption, foster care, and related issues
- EMDR Therapist in Training (Part 1, Part 2 pending) — Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a therapeutic approach that facilitates healing from the impact of traumatic experiences and associated false beliefs
- Trauma-Informed and Attachment-Based approaches – a therapeutic approach that acknowledges the impact of traumatic experiences as well as the need for healthy family connections
- Adoptions Support and Transitions – providing support to families contemplating, beginning or finalizing the adoption process
- Extensive Training and Practice in Solution-Focused Therapy – a
therapeutic approach working on collaborative goal setting and identifying personal resources and strengths to foster change
- Extensive Training and Practice in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy – a therapeutic approach to help identify false beliefs in order to foster change in both behavior and emotions
- BA, Community Psychology – Point Loma Nazarene University
- MA, Marriage and Family Therapy – Bethel Seminary
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
My full name is Andrea but I go by Andee – my family loves nicknames! I have been married to my husband for 20+ years. We are both native born San Diegans and can’t imagine living anywhere else. We had the privilege of adopting our son from San Diego County. Because of that experience, I have a heart for families’ contemplating or experiencing adoption. My family and I enjoy calm moments at home, outdoor adventures, traveling and playing with our dog and two guinea pigs. I enjoy reading, teaching, watching my son play sports, catching up on the new movies and being anywhere in nature.
Call Andee at 619.819.0283 ext 6