Navigating your well-being during the Coronoavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Potentia Clients + Community,
We are reaching out to check in and touch base regarding actions we are taking amid the very real concerns around coconovirus (COVID-19).
But first – deep breath.
These are rocky days filled with a lot of emotional, physical, and financial vulnerability. We understand how these drastic changes can be unsettling and activating.
Feelings of overwhelm or being trapped can also hijack clarity and calm. Practicing compassion towards the parts of you that may feel scared, anxious, irritated, disappointed, to name a few, is a really powerful practice to step up right now. And we know showing compassion towards yourself can be really difficult to do, so do not go it alone. We will continue to be available to support you and your mental health as we navigate these dynamic times.
We just saw this posted on TWLOHA’s website – and 100% co-sign what they shared:
‘Conversations will not be cancelled
Relationships will not be cancelled
Songs will not be cancelled
Reading will not be cancelled
Self-care will not be cancelled
Hope will not be cancelled
May we lean into the good stuff that remains.’
We are here as a resource for you, too, and plan on sharing resources on our social media channels on Instagram and Facebook and through our email list that we find are beneficial, valid, and supporting your whole health.
At the Potentia office space:
- We are frequently wiping down all door knobs, handles, light switches, and community spaces with sanitary wipes. Each office has Lysol wipes that you will also be able to use, too.
- We are closing down our beloved tea bar for two weeks. Water and tea included. We love offering this for you all but we also know closing it down honors what we know about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Please bring your own water, tea, or coffee.
- We are having clients sign and update their telehealth informed consent paperwork, so treatment is not disrupted if further recommendations are made to shut down non-essential public places and to have options available to have continuity of care, if needed. Note: Social isolation as a preventative measure does not have to mean feeling isolated. Taking care of your mental and relational health is in direct support of your physical well-being and we are 100% committed to our work with you.
- If your therapist has a runny nose, sore throat, and/or fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer) they will stay home.
- If you are experiencing the above symptoms, please stay home.
- We have hand sanitizer in the front lobby along with Lysol wipes in every office.
We’ll continue to monitor news and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with our local and state health department officials and will share anymore updates as they become available
Founder + Owner, Potentia Family Therapy, Inc.
To learn more about how Potentia could help you, please click here.
Our Potentia Therapy team is here to help. Learn more about our clinical team and what we have to offer here.
Click here to sign up and join the Potentia email list to receive more resources as they become available.
Inquiry / Contact Form: