Potentia 2.0 is rolling out this summer! To better serve our clients,
- I am moving Potentia to new office space in August. For those who live in SoCal, stay tuned for the date of our open house so you can come by and check it out.
- A massage therapist is joining Potentia! A variety of services and packages will be available to complement our other professional services offered under the same roof.
- To help meet the demand for our specialized services, an MFT intern is also joining the Potentia team. In addition, she will provide expert support for families of special needs kids.
- New e-products are in production for students, parents and ministry staff.
- An updated website that has a video component to feature commentary and interviews on subjects important to the Potentia team will be launching soon.
All of these changes are in support of our mission to (re) define health. We believe that true health is not based on the numbers on the scale, labeling food good/bad, perfection, what others think.
We are living in a time where the focus on health, food and weight has never been more intense. In addition, culture is promoting an extremely distorted definition of health, beauty and worth.
Contrary to the messages saturating our world, being healthy is not just about what you eat, how much you exercise, what you weigh. Health is a mind, body, soul package that cannot be contained in a number.
True health involves caring for your body (in the non-diet kind of way), safe and fulfilling relationships, finding meaning in your life, moving your body with purpose and for fun (not just to burn calories and punish your body), addressing emotional pain and doing the hard work to heal your heart.
Trying to fix emotional pain through food (restrictive or emotional eating), minimizing or denying traumatic experiences, staying in a destructive relationship or shaming yourself because you think you are not enough/not worthy only further infects emotional wounds.
It takes courage to ask for help and strength to live life to the fullest. And the team at Potentia is ready to partner with you and your community as you seek to (re) define health.
I would love to hear from you. How do you want to (re) defining health in your life or in your community?
Cheers to a true-health kind of summer.
Rebecca Bass, LMFT